MALI DAW NA SABIHING ‘3RD PERSON’ ANG HOLY SPIRIT DAHIL HINDI NAMAN ITO ‘TAO’ By Splendor1618
ANG ATING KAPATID NA APOLOGIST AT MATALIK NA KAIBIGAN AT ISA SA MGA MAIN CONTRIBUTORS NG SPLENDOR BLOG NA SI BRO. DUANE AY TUMANGGAP NG KATANUNGAN HINGGIL SA HOLY SPIRIT. SABI NG ATING KATUNGGALI SA PANANAMPALATAYA: MALI NA TAWAGING 3RD PERSON O PERSON ANG HOLY SPIRIT KASI HINDI NAMAN DAW ITO “TAO”.
PAPANO PO NATIN ITO SASAGUTIN? SIMPLE LANG.
UNA, SA LAHAT GAMITIN ANG UTAK AT KUKUTE PARA MABAWASAN ANG KATANGAHAN. ANG TAO PO AY ‘MAN’ OR ‘HUMAN BEING’. ANG PERSON AY ‘PERSONA’.
NAPAKA-HALAGA NG PROPER PHILOSOPHICAL DISTINCTIONS UPANG MAUNAWAAN ANG MGA TERMINONG ITO.
ANO BA ANG PERSON? PERSON MEANS ‘RATIONAL BEING’… IBIG SABIHIN ‘NABUBUHAY NA MAY ANGKIN O TAGLAY NA ISIP AT TALINO. DAHIL DITO ANG TAO AY PERSON SUBALIT HINDI LAMANG ANG TAO ANG PERSON: GOD IS A PERSON DAHIL ANG DIOS ANG PINAKA-MATALINO SA LAHAT AT PINAGMUMULAN NG LAHAT NG KAALAMAN. THE ANGELS ARE PERSONS BECAUSE THEY ARE RATIONAL AND INTELLIGENT CREATURES OF GOD. THE HUMAN BEINGS ARE PERSONS BECAUSE WE ARE CREATED BY GOD AS RATIONAL AND INTELLIGENT BEINGS WITH BODIES.
GOD IS A PURE PERSON AND THE HIGHEST OF ALL PERSONS. THE ANGELS ARE NON-CORPOREAL OR NON-BODILY PERSONS. HUMAN BEINGS ARE RATIONAL ANIMALS BECAUSE WE HAVE BODIES LIKE ANIMALS BUT WE ARE INTELLIGENT LIKE THE ANGELS.
THE HOLY SPIRIT BEING GOD IS A PERSON BUT NOT HUMAN. THE ANGELS LIKE ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL IS A PERSON BUT NOT HUMAN; ANGELS ARE PURE SPIRITS:
Heb 1:7 [AB] At sinasabi niya tungkol sa mga anghel, Yaong ginagawang mga anghel niya ang mga hangin, At ang kaniyang mga ministro ay ningas ng apoy
ANG TAO AY KALULUWANG MAY BUHAY NA GINAWA MULA SA ALABOK NG LUPA KAYA MAY KATAWAN AT KALULUWA:
Gen 2:7 [AB] At nilalang ng Panginoong Dios ang tao sa alabok ng lupa, at hiningahan ang kaniyang mga butas ng ilong ng hininga ng buhay; at ang tao ay naging kaluluwang may buhay.
THE HOLY SPIRIT AS ‘PERSON’: INTELLIGENT BEING
1. THE HOLY SPIRIT KNOWS EVERYTHING EVEN THE DEEPEST THINGS OF GOD. IT MEANS THE HOLY SPIRIT IS OMNISCIENT:
1 Cor 2:10-11 [GNB] But it was to us that God made known his secret by means of his Spirit. The Spirit searches everything, even the hidden depths of God’s purposes. 11 It is only our own spirit within us that knows all about us; in the same way, only God’s Spirit knows all about God.
2. THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE GREATEST OF ALL PERSONS BECAUSE HE IS THE GIVER OF GIFTS TO OTHER PERSONS:
1 Cor 12:11 [GNB] But it is one and the same Spirit who does all this; as he wishes, he gives a different gift to each person.
* Notice how the Word of God uses personal pronoun “HE” in referring to the Holy Spirit and not the impersonal “IT”.
3. THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE SOURCE OF LIFE: THE LIFE-GIVER.
Rom 8:2 [GNB] For the law of the Spirit, which brings us life in union with Christ Jesus, has set me free from the law of sin and death.
4. THE PERSONALITY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IS AFFIRMED BY HIS DIVINE WORKS OR DIVINE OPERATIONS AS ATTESTED BY THE SCRIPTURES:
(a) His work in creation (Gen 1:2);
(b) His work in empowering (Zech 4:6);
(c) His teaching ministry (Jn 16:13);
(e) His comforting (Jn 14:26);
(f) His prayer (Rom 8:26);
(g) His work of convincing the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment (Jn 16:8);
(h) His restraint of sin (Is 59:19);
(i) His authoritative commands (Acts 8:29; 13:2; 16:7)
5. THE PERSONALITY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT AFFIRMED BY THE USE OF PERSONAL PRONOUNS IN RELATION TO HIM.
Jn 15:26 [GNB] “The Helper will come—the Spirit, who reveals the truth about God and who comes from the Father. I will send him to you from the Father, and he will speak about me.
Jn 16:13-14 [GNB] When, however, the Spirit comes, who reveals the truth about God, he will lead you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own authority, but he will speak of what he hears and will tell you of things to come. 14 He will give me glory, because he will take what I say and tell it to you.
THE GREEK TERM FOR SPIRIT IS ‘PNEUMA’ WHICH IS IN NEUTER FORM, HOWEVER, THE LORD JESUS AND THE EVANGELISTS REFERS TO THE HOLY SPIRIT USING THE PERSONAL MASCULINE PRONOUN ‘EKEINOS’ WHICH LEAVES NO DOUBT THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A PERSON:
Eph 1:13-14 [GNB] And you also became God’s people when you heard the true message, the Good News that brought you salvation. You believed in Christ, and God put his stamp of ownership on you by giving you the Holy Spirit he had promised. 14 The Spirit is the guarantee that we shall receive what God has promised his people, and this assures us that God will give complete freedom to those who are his. Let us praise his glory!
6. THE LORD JESUS AND THE APOSTLES AND THE SACRED WORD OF GOD ATTEST THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A PERSON:
* JESUS AND ST. MATTHEW ATTEST THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A PERSON EQUAL WITH THE FATHER AND THE SON:
Mt 28:19 [GNB] Go, then, to all peoples everywhere and make them my disciples: baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
* ST. PAUL ATTESTS THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A PERSON EQUAL WITH THE SON AND THE FATHER:
2 Cor 13:14 [GNB] The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
* JUDEAO-CHRISTIANS LOOK AT THE HOLY SPIRIT AS A PERSON WHO CAN BE OFFENDED AND HURT AND COMMITTED SIN AGAINST AS ANY PERSON IN THE WORLD: According to the Scriptures, it is possible to sin against the Holy Spirit (Is 63:10); grieve Him (Eph 4:30); reverence Him (Ps 51:11); and obey Him (Acts 10:19-21).
THUS, IT IS AN UNDENIABLE FACT THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A PERSON AND REGARDED AS A PERSON BY THE LORD JESUS, THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT PEOPLE OF GOD AND THE CHURCH. IT IS HERETICAL TO DENY THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A PERSON.